The other day, Nathan and I were playing and he said, “I miss Mexico.” He loves being in Florida with his family, but there are times when he misses Mexico, too.
We’ve been in the US since early June, and we’re all missing some things.
Here are the things I’m missing about Mexico.
- Our home – there’s just something about having your own space. Nathan definitely misses his toys and his room in Mexico. I miss having my own space, too.
- Seminary students – I miss hanging out with my students and seeing them everyday. I also miss just working at the seminary. I’m sad that I’m missing orientation week next week. I want to meet the new students.
- The park in our neighborhood – we’ve got a great little park that is two streets away from our house. It’s like having our own park with a gigantic slide (picture), swings (video), and some green space to play in.
- The weather – Contrary to popular belief, it’s not always hot in Mexico City. In fact, the weather in Mexico City is much better than the weather in Florida. I miss the cooler air, and I’m looking forward to getting back to it.
- Our church – We go to PIB Satelite (First Baptist of Satelite), a large church that meets at the Seminary campus. I miss attending and also participating in the youth ministry there. I’m hoping we can be more involved there when we go back.
The good news is that we finally have a date to go back. We’ll be flying out of Miami on September 18.