Maybe I’m writing this post because it’s dinnertime and I’m hungry, or maybe just because I miss Mexican food.
Either way, I thought today I would share with you my top 10 Mexican Foods (in no particular order).
My Top 10 Mexican Foods
- Tacos al pastor – a typical taco you’ll find in taquerias everywhere in Mexico. It’s pork meat marinated and garnished with pineapple, onions, cilantro, and salsa.
- Enchiladas – Janell’s favorite Mexican food is enchiladas. She likes them with green salsa, and I like “Enchiladas Suizas”, which have cheese on them.
- Chilaquiles – mostly a breakfast food, it’s hardened tortillas with salsa, onions, and (sometimes) chicken.
- Pozole – A delicious soup with pork or chicken and hominy.
- Tortilla soup – tomato based soup with strips of tortillas.
- Alambre con queso – Janell’s favorite thing to order at the taco joint, alambre is a mixture of beef, pork, cheese, and peppers that is served on a tortilla.
- Arrachera – a delicious cut of beef grilled to perfection. Sometimes, they are selling this outside the grocery store where they’ll grill it up for you.
- Tres leche cake – Super moist and tasty cake with milk poured over it.
- Flan – Flan is flan. And it’s yummy.
- Tacos de pollo – “dorados” are delicious, hard fried tacos with chicken inside.
Hungry yet? I sure am. I post often about food. Here are some videos I’ve made about Mexican food: