I’m gearing up for the next intensive class in my doctoral program. The title of the course is Models of Student and Family Ministry. As usual, I have a lot of pre-course reading to do. I thought I’d share the list of readings with you. Nine are books and one is an article.
I just finished one of the 10, and I’m hoping to read one of the assigned readings per week for the next nine weeks.
Here’s the list:
- Youth Ministry in the 21st Century
- Religious Education in the Family
- The Development of the Young People’s Movement
- Perspectives on Family Ministry
- Family Ministry Field Guide
- “A Look at the Effects of Extrinsic Motivation”
- Reinventing Youth Ministry (Again)
- Huck’s Raft
- When God Shows Up
- Trained in the Fear of God
Hopefully I get through these next few weeks. I think I’ll be spending a lot of time in quiet places trying to get some reading done.