We don’t go to the movies much at all. We rent them every once in a while, especially when our Blockbuster has special deals and we can rent movies for 10 pesos each (about 75 cents).
In 2011, I’m not really sure how many movies we watched. I know I took Nathan a few times, and I know we spent some nights in watching a movie we rented. Our kids love popping popcorn and hanging out in front of the TV (even though we don’t do it often).
So here’s our family’s list of top 5 movies we watched this year.
- The Muppets – we just saw this one in the theater, and it was great to relive some childhood memories and share them with our kids.
- Gnomeo and Juliet – for a while Nathan said this was his favorite movie ever.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 – This movie was fun. I think the new TV series helped us like it even more.
- The Smurfs – We had to wait to watch this one until it came out on DVD because we couldn’t find it in English anywhere in Mexico City.
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins – The book that this movie is (loosely) based on was part of our curriculum this year. We had to go see the movie in the theater.
What were your family’s favorite movies this year? Let us know in the comments.
PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT: If you like watching movies, or if you just realize there’s nothing good on TV now, you should check out Netflix. Janell has a post on Saving You Dinero about how you can sign up and get a 30 day free trial of Netflix. If you’re thinking about trying it out, please be sure to use her links on her blog and help our ministry.
This post includes affiliate links. If you click and buy something, we get a little commission, but as always I wouldn’t recommend something I didn’t really like.