I’m working on a syllabus today for a Master’s level class that I’ll be teaching at the seminary in March (the week between quarters). It’s my one shot with these students who are already serving somewhere in ministry (mostly as pastors).
I have a lot of ground to cover in 30 hours, and I know I can’t give them everything about youth ministry. I’m trying to help them understand the concept of youth ministry so they will do the following:
- Be aware of the needs of young people.
- Place a higher value on the ministry to young people in their church.
- Implement a youth ministry in their church.
- Find someone who can be trained in youth ministry for their church.
- Understand that it’s more than a Saturday night meeting for the “church kids.”
We’ll see if we can pull it off.