Three years ago tomorrow, Nathan arrived, and things haven’t been the same since. I’ve learned a lot about life, priorities, ministry, and God.
I can’t believe he’s 3! It’s crazy. I remember it like it was yesterday (Check out the video from his first day). It’s unbelievable how one person can change your life.
Plus, being a dad is a huge responsibility.
I just hope I can be a good role model and a great friend for him. But it’s a huge job.
Consequences for Children who Grow up without Dads:
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes–U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes–Center for Disease Control
- 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes–Criminal Justice and Behavior, Vol. 14, p. 403-26
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes–National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools
- 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes–U.S. Dept. of Justice
- 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home–Fulton County Georgia jail populations & Texas Dept. of Corrections
Being a dad is the most important job in the world. I just pray I can be a good dad for my little boy. He deserves it.
(Stats via Kurt)
This is right on for me, thanks. We just announced that Julie is 12 weeks pregnant and we are so excited. It is such a blessing from the Lord and I can see how proud a father you are, and an encouragement to others!!