Three years ago tomorrow, Nathan arrived, and things haven’t been the same since. I’ve learned a lot about life, priorities, ministry, and God.
I can’t believe he’s 3! It’s crazy. I remember it like it was yesterday (Check out the video from his first day). It’s unbelievable how one person can change your life.
Plus, being a dad is a huge responsibility.
I just hope I can be a good role model and a great friend for him. But it’s a huge job.
Consequences for Children who Grow up without Dads:
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes–U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes–Center for Disease Control
- 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes–Criminal Justice and Behavior, Vol. 14, p. 403-26
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes–National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools
- 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes–U.S. Dept. of Justice
- 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home–Fulton County Georgia jail populations & Texas Dept. of Corrections
Being a dad is the most important job in the world. I just pray I can be a good dad for my little boy. He deserves it.
(Stats via Kurt)