Can you read the whole New Testament in the month of November? That’s my challenge to you. I’m going to commit to reading the New Testament in the next 30 days, and I want you to do it, too!
It’s definitely possible. The New Testament is only 260 chapters, and it is estimated to take 18 hours and 20 minutes to read through completely.
Even though November is busy, I think we can find 18 hours to read.
If you’re up to the challenge, let me know in the comments below. It will encourage me to know that someone is doing this with me.
You can also follow along and share what you’re learning on social media using the hashtag #NTvember.
Here are some tips for reading:
- Read a new translation: maybe a fresh look at old passages will help you stay with it.
- Find a good place to read: I often have to “get in the zone” when I want to accomplish something. Getting in the right place helps me get in the right mindset.
- Make it a habit: Set an alarm everyday to make it happen.
- Read on your “down time”: If I keep good track of where I’m at, I can read when I’m waiting for my kids at school or during my other down time during the day.
- Turn off your phone (or use it to read)! If I didn’t spend as much time on social media, I could read a lot more of my Bible. I have a friend who is trying to stay off social media until after 9pm everyday. Maybe that will help me with this challenge.
So…are you in? If so, let me know. And let me know your tips below. See you on the internet.
My husband and I are in!
Awesome! If you’re on Facebook we created a group. Ashley can invite you.