Stuff Christians Like wrote a great little list about The Mission Trip Airport Layover.
Anyone who’s ever gone on a trip with a group of young people and had to stay in the airport will enjoy the list.
My favorites from their list:
- The boyfriend and girlfriend couple will break up…
- …and get back together.
- One kid will be the “where’s Billy?” kid. A phrase that is fun to yell from the aisle of a plane that is about to close its door and take off.
- Someone will use their entire spending money on batteries at the airport, which cost $47.
- Some kid will get tackled by security because he says the word “gun” in the security line.
- One student will constantly ask the adult volunteers to hold his gigantic sombrero that he just had to buy at the market.
- The entire group parks themselves in the busiest place and unknowingly blocks everyone else from getting by.
- One of the kids falls asleep waiting to board the plane and doesn’t get on in time.
Some I would add (not nearly as funny):
Anyway, go check out the post on Stuff Christians Like.
There are some pretty good ones in the comments, too.