Today is the day that Mexicans commemorate the day in which the Virgin of Guadalupe appeared to Juan Diego. Many people make pilgrimages to the Basilica and there are various celebrations. They say to be Mexican is to be Guadalupano (or a follower of Guadalupe).
I wrote a paper called, “The Early Foundations of Mariology” for one of my seminary classes. You can download it here (PDF). It talks about Mary in early church history.
I’ve also visited the Basilica many times. Each time I’m there, I take a some pictures. Here are some pictures I’ve taken, uploaded to Flickr and tagged with Guadalupe.
I’ve read and written many things about the Virgin of Guadalupe. Here are some previous posts I’ve written about this day:
Resources about the Virgin of Guadalupe
- December 13, 2005 – The Virgin of Guadalupe
- May 16, 2007 – Basilica of Guadalupe
- April 20, 2007 – Guadalupe Conference
- May 5, 2007 – Guadalupe Conference audio
- July 11, 2007 – The Beauty of the Gospel
- December 11, 2007 – Pilgrimages
- December 12, 2007 – Guadalupe