Today in my ministering to troubled youth class, we watched Gridiron Gang, a true story about a guy who works in a juvenile delinquent center and wants to help the guys get out of problems by turning them into a football team. We had a great time eating pizza, chips, and watching the movie.
It’s a great movie. The first time I watched it, I had to fight back tears a few times. It has a lot of great lessons in it, too. It teaches us a lot about helping youth in problems.
- You must accept them for who they are.
- You must see them for who they can be.
- You must have faith in them.
- Never give up on them.
- Deal with your own problems, too.
- Be willing to learn from them.
- Discipline is a good thing.
- Not everyone is going to agree with what you’re doing.
The list goes on. I’m looking forward to the discussion on Wednesday.