I love living in Mexico City. I love the fact that I can go see so many things here just by getting in my car or taking public transportation.
Most people would have to hop on an airplane and travel a long way to see these sites.
If you are ever visiting Mexico, here are five more places to visit in Mexico City.
- Chapultepec Castle: The Castle in Chapultepec is a great place to visit. It’s where Maximilian lived while he was emperor of Mexico.
- Anthropology Museum: An interesting place to see the history of all the different people that have lived in Mexico and who make it what it is today.
- Mexico City Post office: I love the post office’s building and architecture. Inside, there is a huge staircase, and it’s just a beautiful place overall. It’s located beside the Palacio de Bellas Artes (the Fine Arts Palace), and it won’t take much time to visit, but it is a work of art.
- Basilica de Guadalupe: The second most visited Catholic site in the world, after the Vatican, is a gigantic complex that will help you understand more about Mexico’s culture, religion, and people. Here’s a video of the Basilica de Guadalupe and the Castle of Chapultepec.
- Xochimilco – sort of like Mexico’s Venice, it’s a great place to experience traditional Mexico City. (Xochimilco pictures 1, pictures 2, video of mariachi band, video of more music in Xochimilco, another video of Xochimilco
See Part 1 of my “Places to See in Mexico City” series here.
Be sure to check out my other blog all about Mexico City at www.chilingo.com.
how can i get invitations to visit these five places named above?
i come from E.A and intended to have my october holydays in mexico
during my work leave.
what cost can it take me to enjoy my visit for three weeks?
may be you are not certain of my questions coz they are not
in spanish language.