To our small group leaders who came with our students on our Fall Retreat this weekend.
- Your setting aside of your own struggles and things you are dealing with at home so you could take time to care for and listen the students this weekend.
- Your sacrifice of your weekend to sleep on uncomfortable cots in rooms full of students so that they might love God and others more.
- Your willingness to drive your personal vehicles or negotiate the use of someone’s vehicle so that you could help transport students to the retreat.
- Your ability to make students laugh and have fun.
- Your sacrifice in the kitchen to cook and clean up.
- Your flexibility when things didn’t always go the way we had planned.
- Your participation in crazy yoga poses that most adults would never get to try just to build relationships with students.
- Your intentional looking out to make sure everyone was involved and having a good time.
- Your leadership and patience in small group with tired students (and when you were tired) so that necessary conversations could take place.
- Your encouragement to your students even before the retreat to get them to sign up.
- Your words of assurance to parents that their kids would be okay away from home for the weekend.
- Your actions and words to make new students feel welcome.
- Your example during worship.
- Your prayer for students to know God more.
- Your model in quiet time.
- Your flexibility when the schedule had to change.
- Your encouragement of the band and speaker as they ministered to students.
- Your support of each other and prayer for each other as small group leaders.
- Your time spent playing late night card games or other things in cabins.
- Your support and encouragement to me in your words, presence, and prayers.
There are many other things I could write, and I want you to know that I really appreciate you all and am so glad that you are on our team.