Twice a year, the seminary has a retreat that is obligatory for all students. In the past they have been very programmed, and, quite frankly, they tire me out. Going away for an all day adventure with the entire seminary sounds like lots of fun, but it’s always ended with me having a headache and being so worn out that I can’t be ready for the next day’s classes.
However, our retreat last week was fun and tiring, and I’ve decided that there are many benefits to these retreats on a personal level.
- The Youth Ministry program is more visible.
- My attendance is a good example for my students.
- I can get to know the director and dean better.
- I get to know more students who aren’t in my classes.
- There’s usually pretty good food.
Here are some pics from the retreat:
Click an image to view a larger version.