As we get started with 2009, I can’t help but wonder how it can be better than 2008. A lot of great things happened last year, both in the ministry and in our family.
In case you just joined us on our journey here are some personal favorites from 2008.
- Trip to Louisville – We were invited to participate in Youth Emphasis Week at the International Center for Youth Ministry. We got to play in the snow and had a great time.
- Nathan turned 3 – We got him a tricycle (watch the video). He loved it.
- Trip to Honduras with Rob – My friend Rob invited me to Honduras for a few days. It was the first time I had been there.
- Graduation in Mexico – Huberto was the first youth ministry student to graduate from the Mexican Baptist Theological Seminary (watch the video)
- Graduation in Cuba – Three years of work culminated in graduation of 13 Youth Ministry professors (watch a memorable moment)
- Good times with friends and family – it’s always a highlight to spend some time with family and friends
- Nathan played t-ball and I got to watch his first game – coming home from a long trip, I showed up just in time to watch Nathan’s first t-ball game. It was a moment I’ll never forget.
- Benjamin was born – check out the video of his first day.
- Reminders of why I do ministry – a former student of ours sent me a great message on facebook
- New freshman class – Our largest freshman class came to study youth ministry at the Mexican Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Rays baseball – Our Tampa Bay Rays played an incredible regular season and made it to their first ever World Series.
- Christmastime in Mexico City – We went downtown to ice skate in the zocalo and to build snowmen. It was a fun family day.