Sometimes people talk about how much we blog.
I do it because I like to write and create. When I was a kid, I would draw. Now, I make things online, either through video or writing.
But it shouldn’t stop there. I think ministers and missionaries should definitely blog. Here are my reasons:
- Connect – with donors, others in your field of ministry, others in your country, etc. Your blog is a good way to maintain relationships and build new ones.
- Reflect – about what you are doing in ministry. The pace of life is fast. It’s good to take some time to reflect on what’s happening.
- Archive – You can use a blog to look back at what you have learned and where you came from. A blog can also serve as an archive for your family, and it can remind you of things you have done together.
- Inspire – You can use your blog or writing to inspire others to become missionaries, be more involved in missions, or respond to the call of God on their life.
- Resource – you can be a resource for others who are involved in missions and ministry. The things that you have learned will help others who are going on the field or into the ministry for the first time.
BONUS: Hone your writing skills. Good writers write. Writing is probably a part of your ministry. You can use your blog to get better at writing.
Why do you think people should blog? If you have a blog, why do you blog?