Last week I preached at my old youth pastor’s current church, and the title of my sermon was “Jesus Doesn’t Care.” I talked about 5 things that Jesus doesn’t care about. Here are my notes:
Do you know what airplane talk is? It is when you sit down and talk about stuff that really doesn’t matter to the other people. I’ve been on 8 airplanes this month, and each time I sit down, I think about airplane talk. It’s the small talk you make with the people that are sitting around you that you don’t really think is all that important. Sometimes, I’m sitting there thinking that I don’t really care about what they are telling me. I am just listening to them to be nice or to make the time pass, but really the stuff we talk about is stuff that I don’t care about.
- About your past. – Ephesians 2:1-8; Psalm 103:12
- Paul – was a murderer and persecutor of the church, yet he became a great apostle who is credited with writing 13 NT epistles.
- Philippians 3:13-14 – Forgetting what is past, I PRESS ON…
- Josiah was a good king, but his father Manasseh was an evil, wicked king. – 2 Kings 21-22
- In fact, the more money you have, the bigger the barrier is to living the life God wants you to live. (Matthew 19:23-24)
- God is not a respecter of people.
- The Bible compares our good deeds to filthy rags. – Isaiah 64:6
- You are not saved by works – Ephesians 2:8-10
- Example of Edgar and explaining why we do good deeds.
- The devil believes, too – James 2:19
- It is not necessary to understand everything about God in order to trust Him.